Callaghan Innovation R&D loan scheme
Callaghan Innovation, who will be administering the R&D loans announced in the May budget, is now accepting expressions of interest for applications mid-June.
You can register your interest at the following address:
Callaghan summarises the expected parameters as follows:
- There is a maximum $150 million allocated to this scheme; individual loan amounts available are still to be confirmed but are expected to be a minimum of $100,000 (note this is different from the budget announcement which suggested loans would be capped at $100,000).
- There will be eligibility criteria.
- Loans will have favourable terms (not yet detailed), must be applied to R&D and are repayable.
- Aimed at supporting those already undertaking R&D activities to continue those activities.
- Loan should be drawable in early July.
The expression of interest primarily asks for identifying information but also asks you to confirm whether and how (high level categories) your R&D programme has been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
As more information becomes available we will be in touch. Please contact VCFO if you would like to discuss your options, or help in lodging an expression of interest.